PRP Hair Restoration
Nonsurgical, No Down Time, Natural.
PRP (Platelet-rich Plasma) is an innovative, breakthrough technology in hair restoration. It is a simple, non-surgical option to treat hair loss, especially in the early stages. Both men and women can now have thicker, healthier hair, through this simple, affordable procedure. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) for hair restoration involves a simple injection of your own platelets into the vascular layer of your scalp. The benefits of PRP treatments for Hair Loss at our Brampton clinic include:
- A non-invasive method of hair regrowth
- No downtime
- Virtually risk free
- Can be combined with minoxidil and/or finasteride if desired
What is PRP?
“PRP” stands for Platelet Rich Plasma. The Platelets in our blood contain healing Growth Factors, which stimulate the tissue to regenerate and multiply. The growth factors and stem cells work together to reverse the miniaturization of the hair follicle and jump start dormant hair back into the growth stage. We are proud to offer the state-of-the-art Eclipse PRP extraction system, ensuring high numbers of quality platelets/growth factors for optimal results.
PRP for Hair Restoration works by:
- Increasing blood supply to the follicle
- Increasing shaft size (thickness)
- Triggers and maintains the growth phase
- Controls hair growth cycle
- Decreases hair loss
What to Expect
This quick injection procedure involves the collection and concentration of your body’s own platelets using a three-step process
After the first treatment, patients generally first notice that the hair loss significantly decreases. Then over a period of weeks, you should gradually develop hair regrowth with noticeably thicker, healthier hair.
During your initial appointment, Dr. Gupta will do a thorough medical assessment to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for PRP treatments for hair loss at our Brampton Cosmetic Clinic. In general, PRP can be an effective treatment option for both men and women, particularly for:
- Young men with early hair loss that are not candidates for hair transplantation. If PRP can slow the hair loss process down, and even result in new hair growth, the young adult male can defer hair transplant surgery, or potentially avoid it completely.
- In women, hair loss is mostly diffuse leading to thinning of hair all over the scalp. This large area is difficult to transplant, due to limited donor hair from the back of the head. Some women have patchy hair loss along long hair part areas. Both of these female patterns of hair loss are very amenable to PRP scalp injections.
At our clinic in Brampton, PRP treatments for hair loss are customized based on your needs. Dr. Gupta generally recommends 3-4 treatments spaced 1 month apart. After the initial treatment, maintenance treatments are generally recommended 2-3 times per year.
Collecting the PRP usually only takes 10-15 minutes. The entire process takes ~ 40-60 min.
There may be some sensitivity. However, most physicians utilize effective anesthetic solutions, such as cold ambient air or a topical analgesic to minimize any potential discomfort. Talk to your physicians about the right option for you.
There is no downtime or a long recovery process. You may take a warm shower the evening of the treatment. In addition, it is advised to avoid using any harsh dyes or chemicals on your hair for 48 hours.
PRP is not a cure for baldness (Androgenic Alopecia). The genetic medical problem will always remain. However, there is great evidence that regular treatments can significantly slow down the effects of Androgenic Alopecia and even works to increase hair density.